Entrepreneurial studio assistant for innovative and fast-growing creative design agency.
Together is a digital, design and communication agency based in Clapham, South London. It’s an exciting time to join, with plenty of opportunities for progression alongside our growing business.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person who is curious to learn about running a successful business. The role is perfect for someone who wants to start building their career in the creative industries and develop key skills and knowledge that are integral to running a growing business.
This role would be a good fit for you if you:
- Want to work in a role that directly impacts and adds value to the day-to-day management of the Studio
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and have an ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a wide range of both colleagues and clients
- Are an innovative thinker and relish being challenged. We are always looking to improve our systems, processes and creative thinking – being a problem solver and always looking for solutions and better ways to do things is highly regarded
- Are willing to engage in tasks that you find challenging as much as tasks you find easy
- Are robust and proactive in your approach to your progression and you are not afraid of making mistakes in order to learn quickly.
- Thrive when working as part of a team and enjoy the challenge of getting the best out of people
- Also enjoy working on your own initiative
- Are logical and structured in your thinking and you are confident with numbers and spreadsheets
- Are a diligent and a fast learner
- Have a desire to learn about the business as well as your own interests and career goals
- Are computer literate and have an excellent knowledge in MS Office inc. Word, Excel and Powerpoint and Google Docs / Sheets
Although still comparatively small, we have a broad and exciting client base, spanning public, private and the third sectors. We work for a range of different countries and each project varies in size, so the work we do is never dull. It’s fair to say that this is a unique opportunity for a recent graduate or someone in the early stages of their career in terms of industry exposure and the breadth of experienced and skilled people you’ll be working with. The responsibilities at the start of the role will have a direct impact on what is going on in the studio.
We also have a great work culture and perks including frequent socials, Summer BBQs in our garden, Friday drinks, weekly yoga and fitness sessions, run club, free breakfast, bean-to-cup coffee and an ever-expanding library at your disposal. We share our office with our brilliant sister agency, and client, the award-winning research agency Revealing Reality; it’s a sociable, friendly and collaborative environment to work in.
So what will you be doing?
You will be assisting the Studio / Account Manager in the day-to-day management of the studio, ensuring the team is supported and learning the fundamentals of the business, such as the finance systems, resource management & timekeeping, assisting with creative idea generation sessions and the general organisation of the studio. There will also be opportunities to assist with generating written content, proof-reading and sense-checking the written output that we produce. We will expect you to be proactive and take an interest in aspects of the business, using your initiative to help improve Together’s current processes and systems.
You will then explore the more complex operations of the business; resource/project management, client management, new business and supporting the Studio / Account Manager and Creative Director in helping shape the culture of the business. This is a role that you can really grow into your own – depending on your skills and interests, we are flexible in being able to allow the role to develop in a number of more specialised directions depending on what you express interest in assuming it aligns with business priorities. There is lots of fluidity and open-mindedness here and we will support personal development and growth in whatever way we can.
We offer continuous support in the role and in return expect hard work and investment from your side. We expect the applicant and role to progress significantly in the first year and beyond, and we’re excited to find someone who relishes working with us in our mission to continue the expansion of our business and do fantastic work.
Interested in applying?
We are very excited about growing our business. If reading this ad has ignited some excitement, then please get in touch. Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com – we want to understand a little more about your current thinking, so please make sure that you submit a short paragraph explaining why you would make a great addition to team. (This is important and your application may not be considered without it). Take a look at our website to find out more on the work that we do: www.togethercreative.co.uk
You must have a 2:1 (or on track to achieve) in any degree discipline. If this is not the case, please acknowledge it in your application.
Please note we are unable to provide visa sponsorship and for this reason can only accept applications from those with the right to work in the UK for the foreseeable future.
Salary: £20,000-24,000 dependable on experience